Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of personnel policies, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, recruitment and retention of staff, and all aspects of employee relations for the Hospital District. This include the overall operation of the Human Resources Department, including establishing goals, procedures, and standards. As the Human Resources Director, you will provide strategic HR and talent support to designated leaders and employees, while creating the desired workplace culture and engaged and productive workforce through the District’s policies, programs, and practices. You will serve as a senior member of the Leadership Team and may be asked to take on more strategic activities within the facility.
Responsibilities and Duties of Human Resources Director:
– Develops and administers various human resources plans and proceeds for the District
– Partner with Directors to identify and create organization capabilities such as collaboration, culture/shared mindset, accountability, and efficiency
– Advises and assists hospital CEO and leadership in application and interpretation of HR policies, legal compliance, grievances, discipline, and all employment decisions
– Ensures compliance of Employment and Immigration Laws
– Maintains personnel documentation and records in accordance with federal and state regulations
– Ensures a highly effective New Hire Orientation and Onboarding experience
– Ensures performance appraisal system is effective and annual reviews and merit increases are completed timely
– Monitors and coordinates preparation and updating of job descriptions and position evaluations, identifying changes or inequities
– Engage leaders to understand talent needs and implement talent assessment processes, driving overall recruitment and retention objectives
– Implements and updates wage and salary program to remain competitive in the market
– Administers employee benefit plans and assists with annual re-evaluation of plans
– Responsible for workers compensation reporting, including initial injury and all supplemental reports required
– Serves an employee advocate, ensuring consistent, fair, and equitable treatment of all employees
– Maintains positive employee relations with all departments and provides assistance to staff and management
– Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the HR Department. Participates in developing goals, objective and systems with the CEO and recommends appropriate changes
– Develops, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures, prepares, and maintains employee handbook
– Maintains confidentiality at all times
Qualifications and Skills Required
– Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, or a related field required.
– SHRM or HRCI Certification
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
– Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience
– Healthcare HR experience is highly preferred.
– Demonstrated knowledge of human resources administration, developing, and implementing policies and procedures, management practices, equal employment opportunity concepts and legal requirements, and salary administration is required.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance and Life Insurance (effective on first day of employment), Retirement Plan with Texas County and District Retirement System with a 105% Hospital match at vesting, vacation, sick and holiday pay.