Job Summary for Medical Technologists
The Medical Technologist obtains specimens from patients and performs established clinical tests and procedures. Interprets test results and performs instrument and equipment maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works under the guidance of a Laboratory Manager
- Obtains specimens from patients
- Follows established procedures from prompt specimen collection, acceptance, and processing. Then reviews and follows requests for test prescribed by physicians.
- Performs waived testing
- Assesses results for critical values and ensures the physician or the physician’s designee has been notified
- Maintains records and filing systems as appropriate
- Performs instrument and equipment maintenance and maintains cleanliness of work areas
- Provides care appropriate for the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients served
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Certification: Registered AMT or ASCP
- Once year experience in a medical setting
- Wage $57,096/annually +
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with Texas County and District Retirement System with a 105 % Hospital match at vesting, vacation, sick and holiday pay.