RN Charge/Staff Nurse
Job Summary for RN Charge/Staff Nurse
Holds principle responsibility for the total nursing care. Assures that the care is carried out in a safe environment through performance and supervision of personnel.
Responsibilities and Duties of RN Charge/Staff Nurse
- Takes or reviews nursing histories to provide a basis for developing patient care plans. Assess and evaluate patient-response/outcome and makes appropriate modifications on the care plan
- Identifies teaching/learning/discharge needs at time of admission and throughout disposition
- Maintains a rapport with the physicians, family members and other health care members to assure consistent safe patient practice
- Recognizes significant changes in the condition of the patient, reports and takes necessary action
- Receives or gives pertinent informative report from and to preceding shift and on coming shift to assure accurate patient care
- Assigns/delegates duties effectively to all nursing staff and establishes priority in work activities
- Acts as a liaison between patient, family, physician, family or significant other and other health disciplines
Qualifications and Skills for RN Charge/Staff Nurse
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of Texas
- Professional Registered Nurse experience preferred
- Current BLS
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance and Life Insurance (effective on first day of employment), Retirement Plan with Texas County and District Retirement System with a 105% Hospital match at vesting, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Tuition reimbursement is available if you have graduated from an accredited Nursing Program within the last two years.