Job Summary for Ultrasound Technologist
The Ultrasound Technologist, under the supervision of the Ancillary Director, performs general ultrasound, OB ultrasound as well as vascular and echo if registered. Needs to be able to utilize PACs, clean and maintain equipment and prepare necessary reports and maintain records.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist and the Ancillary Director performs diagnostic procedures on patients on a timely basis
- Communicate with the patient to prepare them for procedures
- Input permanent patient information into RIS
- Checks daily checklist on all rooms to make sure that all rooms are stocked, cleaned and proper quality control procedures are done
- Maintains equipment and necessary levels of radiology supplies
- Able to input patient information into RIS, HMS, upload images for interpretation, and assist coworkers whenever available with any ultrasound procedures
- Able to utilize all Radiology equipment if registry permits
- Prepares reports and maintains records as directed by the Ancillary Director
- Follow HIPAA policy concerning PACs
- Scans all patients’ records in PACs
- Files and retrieves films in PACs
- Records and provides charges for procedures performed
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from an accredited program of general/OB ultrasound
- 1-year experience as an Ultrasound Technologist in a medical setting preferred
- Efficient in general ultrasound, OB ultrasound
- Registered in vascular and echo preferred
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan with Texas County and District Retirement System with a 105 % Hospital match at vesting, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Eligible for tuition reimbursement if you have graduated from an approved program within the last 2 years.